Tuesday 22 January 2013

there's been spinning!

A verb for keeping warm - corridale - split the pink from the purple and spun them separately - then n-plyed them. I got about 45 yards of each.

Sweet Georgia Fiber - superwash BFL - spun and plyed (2 ply) on Christmas day - nice and bulky - club colourway from July 2012

And on the wheel as of last night - and the first thing on the wheel this year - a gift from Dana of the Just One More Row Podcast and Unwind Yarn Co. It's Mulberry silk silver from Tyrannosaurus Knits. I got almost half done last night - I like it, it isn't even but for my first time spinning silk I think I'm doing well. I'll 2 ply it and see what yardage I get - I could go so super fine with this fiber (and sometimes unintentionally do) but I'd rather more bulk right now - maybe that's because of the cold weather? I'll certainly buy more of this (though not from this dyer - she no longer seems to be dying)




No comments: