Sunday 29 April 2007

Ah ha! Catie has returned to the land of the blogging (and the living). The paper that I did not enjoy writing was handed in on Thursday. The marking that I did enjoy but did not have time to enjoy properly was completed on the date due, Friday. And the past few days have seen me testing mice. But never fear, I will get a weekend - it will just come on Tuesday & Wednesday this week. But what have I been knitting you ask?

Majik (or magic or whatever...) bag - it is filled with beans and you are to microwave it and put it on your neck. I need a different type of bean cuz the kind I have now stinks when you microwave it. Thus it is just a pretty piece around the house and not in use at all. But I like it and it turned out the way I wanted, with the exception of the stink of course. I didn't follow a pattern but it is just a rectangle thing so I was okay. And it has my first 3 button holes ever, well actually more than my first three because I kept messing it up, but you get the idea





I like this second picture because it looks like a stuffed animal. The yarn is Cascade 220, the colour is 9434.

And coming up we have a sock in progress that has halted due to misbehaviour. It is knit in Samurai Yarns Techno Blah. I love the colour (pretty accurate in the picture) and the yarn. I also love the pattern, by Amy Swenson of IndiKnits, Universal Toe Up Sock Pattern on Knitty. It is just that I've done the heel 2 times and as you can tell from the picture, I've also ripped the heel out twice, the foot was too long both times. I'll get back to the socks soon. But I am currently obsessed with lace because of the following piece:




This is Hanging Garden Stole by Siva Harding. I took a lesson on this at the LYS to get me started. It has beads on the cast on and cast off edges and I love it. It is being knit in Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace in Turquoise. I love this yarn and this pattern. Right now I am about 3 rows away from completing my 4th repeat, there are 12 total.



and a detail shot, with my attempt to show the pattern



I can hardly wait for blocking to show the pattern.

And because I adore how some people put up pictures of their kitties and I am obsessed with mine, I present to you one (of two) cats that live in my house. This is Ellie and she is sleeping on a quilt I made a few years ago.

5 comments:

Amy Lane said...

Glad to see you back up! I LOOOVEE the lace stuff--and the Samurai Sock is looking lovely...I totally get that "don't know where to start the heel thing"--one of my reasons that I don't give up the 'wooby' sock...

Bells said...

oh the samurai sock yarn rocks as always!

Louiz said...

catie, drop me an email louiz_hutchings (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk and I'll walk you through adding a button.

Maggie Tipping said...

What are you using to stuff the bag? I have heard that rice works well. Also I speak from experience when I say always put a glass of water in the microwave when you heat it up or it could catch on fire!

Janette said...

Ellie looks so snug. I'll have to put up some photos of my kitty too!