Sunday 28 February 2010

Beginning to Crochet

So as I mentioned on yesterday - I've started spinning and crocheting. Not much in terms of productivity in the crochet situation but I like it well enough. I've just done straight crocheting - nothing in the round yet. I thought I'd be really frustrated by the product because I'm fairly good at knitting - and I thought I'd feel super limited by the beginner patterns - I was wrong on both counts. It's oddly liberating to have a limited selection of patterns and what I'm producing looks pretty enough. I know some of you crochet - if you have any suggestions for beginner patterns I'd love to hear from you.

Here's what I've done so far:
Coasters (link to my project page on Ravelry) - just practicing different stitches
IMG_1231

Washcloths (Ravelry link)
IMG_1239

Nitty Gritty Washcloth (Ravelry link)
IMG_1241

Little Double Blossom Crochet Flower
(Ravelry link)
blossom

1 comment:

val said...

Hi Catie,
Thanks for stopping by my little blog and leaving your encouraging comments ( especially re: wee wee wigwams!)
I am not joining as I go on my crochet hexagons - Lucy at Attic 24 (that is one fantastic inspiring crochet blog!!) has the "know how" but I find it a bit confusing.
Your coasters look great and what a really good idea to practice new things. I recently bought "200 Granny Square" crochet book - your coaster idea would make a good way of trying out new granny square patterns.!
Thank you again,
Blessings! Val