Saturday 27 February 2010

The Finished Object Parade

This is going to be a long post:

You can find all sorts of details on the individual projects on my Ravelry projects page. I'm Catiecat on Ravelry.

October:
Catnip mice - Zoie keeps ripping the tails off... these are a HUGE hit in this household
IMG_1031

Autumn pumpkin (Ravelry link)
autumn_pumpkin1

Flower magnets (Ravelry link) - brightening up my office
IMG_1055

Eggplant hat (Berry Baby Hat pattern) - so many of our friends are pregnant or have newborns - baby hats are on the menu (and so much fun & so addicting!)
IMG_1059

Foliage
IMG_1067

More baby hats (Ravelry link to my project page) - one for charity, two for friends
IMG_1074

Fortune cookies - put fortunes in them for a Christmas gift for my man
IMG_1132

Lavender sachet
IMG_1083
IMG_1079

Gossamer shell scarf (Ravelry link)
IMG_1081

November:
I started to make 5 penguins for my man's main Christmas gift - they're so cute that I'll post them on their own.

Baby mittens - I think they look like Christmas lights, that was unintentional
IMG_1099

Fuzzymitten felted stars - my first foray into hand felting small items - loved it
IMG_1106
feltedstar2

Cell phone sock - turned out way too small because the yarn was too thin - so it ended up being a tree ornament
IMG_1118

Mini sweaters - I like this pattern better than the one that I used before, could be that the yarn was better suited to the project
IMG_1119

December:
A pair of orange gloves - not photographed yet...
More penguins - getting their own post though

January:
Happy belated new years!

Cairn (Ravelry link) for Dad
IMG_1159

Baby hats continue - Norwegian Sweet Baby Cap, 6 month size in worsted weight yarn (instead of fingering) - already fits the baby (at 6 months despite the increase in yarn weight)
IMG_1165

Baby's first DNA model - well received by momma and baby
IMG_1183

French Press slippers
(Ravelry link) - Zoie keeps stealing them at night
IMG_1202

Evangeline fingerless mittens (Ravelry link)
IMG_1196

February:
Ballband Bib O'Love (Ravelry links)
IMG_1228

Baby genius bibs (Ravelry links)
IMG_1229
IMG_1253

Baby Bib O'Love
IMG_1247

3 Tiny Tethers - one used for my keys because the stem was too short on the first one
IMG_1226

Sackboy - for a colleague's son (cape is a Fuzzymitten pattern)
IMG_1235

Bird pin - from the Bird in Hand mitten pattern (Ravelry links)
IMG_1244

Apple hat - so cute and so fun - I'll make this again
IMG_1263

Owl coffee cozy (Ravelry link)
IMG_1260

Cabled baby hat - love the decreases at the crown - I will also make this again
IMG_1266

Charity baby hats (Ravelry link to my project page) - I think I want to make about 10 (revised from 50) of these for a local hospital - they are so relaxing to knit because I've got the pattern memorized, it is super simple, and I know which needles to use to get the size the hospital wants
IMG_1267

In other news - the man got me a Ladybug spinning wheel for Christmas so I'll show you what I've been up to on the wheel. And about 2 weeks ago I taught myself to crochet - so far just wash cloths and coasters. The decision was along the lines of why I decided to take up spinning now - there will never be more time. In high school I felt like I was SO busy... then I got to university and I felt like I had so much time in high school but that now I didn't have time... then I got to graduate school and I felt like I had mountains of time in high school and lots of time during my undergraduate degree... I figure it just keeps going as life progresses up until children are grown up (and they aren't planned for a few more years) and I'm retired.

3 comments:

Louiz said...

Wow! you've been really productive, they're lovely things.

French Press Knits said...

That is a TON of FO's...nice work!

Vonnie said...

Wow! How prolific are you! Beautiful work :)