Monday 28 September 2009

More Finished Objects

I don't quite know why but I'm drawn to more of these small projects - I do one of them and then settle in for knitting on a project that takes more time.

I finally finished the Embossed Leaves Socks that I started back in April - the hang up was that I didn't want to spend the time casting on (or so it seems). So when we went to visit Cory's relatives it was all I brought and I wouldn't let myself cast on with the sweatermaker yarn until the Embossed Leaves Socks were finished (including weaving in the ends). Worked like a charm. Here is a photo of the first sock - I haven't taken a picture of the pair yet - but trust me they are done like dinner (well not tonight's dinner but let's not get too picky).





I've knit two mini-sweaters - the second one is a mini-baby surprise jacket. I swear, Elizabeth Zimmerman was a genius to come up with the original (which I intend on knitting).





I made another one of the knitted flower things with a button in the middle. I meant for this one to have 6 petals but ran out of yarn after 4. It is adorning my knitting basket for the time being.



I've had a spurt of bookmarks this past weekend... Not quite sure what I'll do with them but they were enjoyable.


Backbone Bookmark



Gertrude Bookmark (ravelry link)


and the Sylvia Bookmark (ravlery link)


And finally, I've cast on the SweaterMaker Socks using the Yarn Harlot's Basic Sock Recipe from Knitting Rules!



In terms of blogging - that's all I got, pictures and not a lot of words. I've been a bit under the weather for awhile (sore throat that comes and goes) but it has gotten worse this past weekend. Still just a cold, and a mild one at that (knock on wood) - but enough to cause me expend all of my energy on a paper that I'm writing for a class and not leave me enough to think of much to type here. As always, yardage requirements etc. are on Ravelry. If you aren't on Ravelry and want details on where to find the pattern, yardage etc send me a comment and I'll get the information to you.

No comments: