I haven't posted in a ridiculously long time. A lot has happened in that time including
- issues with doctors - still no diagnosis and a long wait is occurring before I will get to see a specialist - prior to the referral I changed doctors, the one on campus was frustrating me.
- our 3rd wedding anniversary - went to shakespeare in the park again but got rained out, had a lovely time none the less.
- British Columbia is having a horrendous forest fire year. Two fires broke out near my home town (Westbank - they call it West Kelowna now but that just sounds weird to me). A lot of people were evacuated (over 10,000 evacuated, another 7,000 or so on alert - the town is only about 40,000 people...), and the apartment that my parents were buying was put on evacuation alert.
- We went to Penticton for a wedding of some college (undergrad) friends. Saw a lot of old friends and got homesick for the Okanagan. The dream is to move back there some day. The issue is that there aren't many employers for me...
- Cory drove home and I stayed to help my parents move - what a gong show that ended up being. Since I was there for longer I saw some more friends - one that I hadn't seen in years and another that I don't see much of. Also spent time up at the cottage and saw a niece and nephew and brother - brother I saw within the last year (still good to see him though), niece I hadn't seen in 2 years, and nephew I hadn't seen in 3...
- introduced said niece and nephew to the wonder that is the Ames Brothers and Rag Mop (my happy song - I should go see if iTunes has it - okay I'm back, they do and so now I need to go buy a copy - also a fan of Sentimental Me on the other side of the record) via my grandparents gramophone. I've been told that my grandpa Gross had this gramophone while he was courting grandma Gross.
- While in the Okanagan I cast on the Trellis Scarf by Evelyn A. Clark (Interweave Knits, Spring 2006) for Cory's Aunt Paula. She saw the scarf I made for his Nana (branching out, pink kid silk haze) and requested one. I think she'll really appreciate it so I'm knitting the Trellis for her in KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud - Peppermint. Love the yarn and pattern - am about 7 repeats into the pattern, but it doesn't seem very long - I have a spare hank of the yarn if need be. The cats are "helping" and unfortunately are somewhat interested in the ball of yarn - not sure if it is the alpaca (they like merino for sure) or the way it is wound.
- wound the ball of laceweight by hand because I was at the cottage. Luckily I bought my mom a swift for Christmas this year. I swear it took 45 minutes or more. Niece and nephew found the whole process very interesting for almost the whole time - and laughed hysterically at me when I would drop the ball and it would roll on the floor.
Okay, well that about does it for the past month. I'm feeling pretty fatigued lately and sleeping a lot. Also watching a new-to-me show that I find hilarious - Big Bang Theory. I just wish I could relate less to the geeky scientists...