Monday 19 November 2007

Celebration?

So my birthday is coming up, and to me it is a big one: I turn 25! I am happy about it, well as much as an adult gets about birthdays. I miss the excitement that I used to feel as a kid about Christmas and birthdays - but that is another post. This birthday is what some people call the champagne or golden birthday: I turn 25 years old on the 25th of November. I want to do something but I'm really not sure what. I just don't want another year to go by with me picking out my major gift from Cory and just celebrating with cake (though cake does go a long way to making a day special).

I do know that I would like it to be just Cory and me - I'm not close with anyone here in Calgary - well not close enough that I want to see them outside of work and work social events. We go out for dinner sometimes - enough that just going out for dinner will not seem special on its own. We don't like to drink or go to bars or play pool or anything...

And here is my appeal to the masses: does anyone have any ideas on what could be fun to mark the occasion? To make it special? Keep in mind that it is cold here right now: -7 Celcius (which my computer tells me is approximately 19 Farenheit) so it is a bit chilly for a picnic etc.

3 comments:

Bells said...

I feel like i'm starting to get to know Calgary a little bit. Between your blog and a knitter friend who just moved there with her PhD husband, the place seems not so far away!

25 huh? I hope you have a lovely day!

Susan said...

Wracking my brain but not coming up with much. Heh, what does that say...?

All I can think of is this: if it's your champagne birthday make it champagne themed. Drink the stuff. Find a restaurant that does wine-paired dinners and order the most champagne-y one you can find. Eat champagne truffles. Wear champagne colored silk.

Does Calgary have a botanical garden? Maybe you could have a picnic after all...

BC said...

Ohhhh crackers and cheese! I forgot to wish you a happy birthday. Happy Birthday!

Alright, if you haven't celebrated try something fun like feeding each other with chopsticks... blindfolded. Watch Don Juan di Marco with Johnny Depp and shoot popcorn into each others mouths.