Wednesday 19 May 2010

Kale - Garlic - Tomato Pizza

I wasn't going to post about this meal. I was going to knit on my second Pretty Please sock (no pictures yet, sorry). But as I sat here, looking outside, I kept thinking about how good the pizza was, and how great is the taste that currently fills my mouth (aftertaste? that sounds somewhat negative). And I thought that I couldn't not tell you about it, especially seeing how little I post around here.

IMG_1339

It doesn't have a fancy name - Kale, Garlic & Tomato pizza - and it doesn't come with a pizza crust recipe (though there are gluten free crust recipes on the same blog - I used a different one) - but the taste! My only real modification was to use 6 cloves of garlic instead of 3-6 T... It was plenty garlic-y, so perhaps the author meant clove instead of tablesppon. I also used less chilli flakes because I'm pretty sensitive to spice. She isn't exaggerating when she instructs you to pile on the kale - I spread out the kale pretty evenly to start and then added more in the centre, I used 4-5 leaves minus the stems, but my pizza could have handled more. In the future I might add more tomato so that its flavor is more prominent.

IMG_1337

I definitely recommend this recipe - for gluten and non-gluten eaters alike.

3 comments:

Louiz said...

That looks good - and is cheese free, so I could eat that too. I'll check out that blog.

Elena said...

thanks for idea!

Unknown said...

The people are loosing their moral while becoming modern. The society needs to be attentive that moral value.
============
seo services