Monday, 17 December 2007
I finally started on my Strikke-along project. It is NHM #3 from Selbuvotter by Terri Shea. I knit quite a lot of it yesterday as you can see. Well you would be able to see if Blogger was behaving. I will try tomorrow, and you will see also how much I had to rip out. I call it practice (and a bit of colour work addiction). You see, I missed a whole chart (that had 5 rows and was small-ish) and while I was prepared to live with the uneven-ness of the fabric, missing a whole chart was too large of an error for me to accept. So I took pictures and ripped the sucker back to the ribbing. The second time around is going quite well, still uneven though I think it is less so then the first try. A problem that bugs me even more is the uneven stitches. I'm not quite sure what I am doing wrong but I have to go back every now and then with a needle and pull the stitches up so that there is a crisp boarder where it is needed. And some stitches are too large/small. But I will keep knitting this pair, and when I finish them I will likely start another. They are addicting, and living in a place like Calgary you can always use a couple pairs of mittens.