You know a project has taken awhile when it feels weird to think that it is done. I've finally finished my Mitered Square Blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting! I started it back in January 2008 and finished it yesterday. Some delays were due to laziness (especially towards the end), heat (also towards the end - who wants to knit the edge on a blanket in the middle of summer), running out of a colour and Michaels not having it because Patons changed their colour line (found a place online that still had them, luckily), and needing more colours (found them in Kelowna). There were also a few extra squares made because I knit them before I figured out the pattern that I wanted... They went to my mom's knitting group who knits blankets for charity - I figured they'd fit in somewhere.
There are 80 miters in this thing - 13 colours - and 9x4 rows of garter stitch in the border (9 colours, 4 rows per colour). I knit some icord to cover the seam at the corners because the seam was messy and I couldn't stand not being completely satisfied given the time investment in the blanket.
Ellie and Cory have both claimed the blanket.